The building was inaugurated in 1821 and occupies 40 thousand square meters.
It is an expression of monumentalism, the tendency to large proportions in architectural works, to install them as an expression of power. The building, which is in Figueroa Alcorta and Pueyrredón, was built during a time of great growth of the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), which during the first Peronist presidency had about 14,000 students and also saw the birth of the faculties of Architecture, Dentistry and Exact Sciences.
It has a museum, a gallery and a library specialized in laws.
In the auditorium, an oil painting by Antonio González Moreno stands out, describing the opening ceremony of the University of Buenos Aires.
Faculty of Law UBA