Within the Parque 3 de Febrero, in Palermo, is the Rosedal , with a collection of more than 18,000 roses and a lake that surrounds it. It occupies a space that belonged to the villa owned by Juan Manuel de Rosas, until it was defeated on February 3, 1852 at the Battle of Caseros. The work began with the landscaper Carlos Thays, the same one who built the Botanical Garden , the Avellaneda Park and the Lezama Park, among others. Later, it was finished by his disciple Benito Carrasco in 1914.\r\n\r\nIn its 3.4 hectares that it occupies, it also has a Greek bridge that crosses the lake, an amphitheater, an Andalusian patio and the Garden of the Poets. In this last space, 26 busts recall famous characters such as Alfonsina Storni, Dante Alighieri, William Shakespeare and Jorge Luis Borges, among others.\r\n\r\nNearby is the Patio Andaluz , built in 1929 and gifted by the city of Seville to the city of Buenos Aires. In the fountain, located in the center of the patio, you can read the dedication that accompanies the gift: \u201cTo the chivalrous and opulent city of Buenos Aires in witness of spiritual communication, Seville offers this sample of the industry of Triana, the neighborhood of the industrious potters and the intrepid sailors \u201d . Majolica ornaments decorate the benches, steps and floors of the patio, which is surrounded by specimens of wisteria.\r\n\r\nBuilt to cross the Rosedal Lake, the White Bridge is also known as the Hellenic Bridge or Greek Bridge, due to its architectural features.\r\n\r\nThe Rosedal is an emblem of landscape design and gives a privileged image within the City. Its particular charm, the result of the work of one of the great figures of Buenos Aires urbanism, gives it its own identity. Knowing the Rosedal is one of the many good excuses to visit the Park 3 de Febrero.