When it comes to theater, Buenos Aires is one of the most important cities in Latin America with more than 300 theaters that make its visitors fall in love and surprise them day by day.
Of course, the Teatro Colón tops the list. It has occupied the first position in international rankings, followed by theaters such as La Scala in Milan and the Teatro Massimo in Palermo. Other must-see theaters in Buenos Aires are:
- Gran Rex Theater : For many it is the theater of great musical shows and welcomes the most established artists on the national and international scene. It has capacity for more than three thousand spectators and the building itself is a great architectural work.
- Cervantes Theater : This theater is state-owned and singing recitals and classical theatrical performances are held on its stage. Its building houses three rooms: the first has a capacity for 860 people, the second for 150 and the third has a more or less adaptable capacity.
- Teatro Coliseo : It is one of the main artistic spaces in the city and has a capacity for almost two thousand people. Its ideal acoustic conditions allow the presentation of opera recitals and philharmonic orchestras to be organized.
- Maipo Theater : It can hold 754 people and is one of the most popular in Buenos Aires. Inside they develop all kinds of performances, from concerts and dance shows to conferences and recitals.
- El Nacional Theater : It is an emblematic theater in Buenos Aires located on Avenida Corrientes 960, the axis of the theatrical life of the city. The room has the highest technology and a capacity of 1014 seats.